The Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Nevada’s National Cowboy Poetry Gathering and Colorado’s quirky Frozen Dead Guy Days rounded out the top five, proving just how diverse a category this was.The top 10 winners in the category Best Cultural Festival are as follows:
- Texas Renaissance Festival – Todd Mission, Texas
- Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival – Ashland, Ore.
- National Cowboy Poetry Gathering – Elko, Nev.
- Frozen Dead Guy Days – Nederland, Colo.
- Aloha Festivals – Hawaii
- Cheyenne Frontier Days – Cheyenne, Wy.
- Fantasy Fest – Key West, Fla.
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally – Sturgis, S.D.
- Festivals Acadiens et Créoles – Lafayette, La.
This is a short video documenting the awesomeness of the 2015 Frozen Dead Guy Days festival in Nederland, Colorado. It was produced, shot and edited by three aspiring film makers; Andrew Turk, Justin Smouse and A.J. Wager. This was a quick edit as we had to submit it on the last day of the festival. More cuts to come! Thanks again to the event organizers, ‘the Iceman,’ Colorado Community Radio, and the entire community of Nederland!
FDGD made the list for best festivals in 2015 www.fest300.com!
2016 Dates March 11-13th
What Happens at Frozen Dead Guy Days?
- Amazing Live Music Showcase in two super tents
- Coffin Racing
- Costume Polar Plunging
- Over 20 Live Bands (Local & National acts)
- Frozen T-shirt Contests
- Ice Turkey Bowling
- Snowy Human Foosball
- Friday The 13th “Superstition” Blue Ball (3 live bands)
- Ice Queen & Grandpa “look a like” Costume Contest
- Brain Freeze Contests
- Parade of Hearses
- Frozen Salmon Toss
- Theatrical Wu Shu performance
- Frozen Dead Poet Slam
Celebrating its 14th year in 2015, Nederland, Colorado’s Frozen Dead Guy Days is known as one of the most unique and quirky festivals in the country and continues to be a world-renowned spectacle. The home-grown frosty fest pays homage to Bredo Morstol who is frozen in a state of suspended animation and housed in a Tuff Shed on dry ice high above Nederland. Thousands of adventurous, life enthusiasts come annually to participate in and view the events along with local, national and international media and entertainment.
Colorado’s “most frigidly fun festival” features outrageous events like the Blue Ball, coffin races, costumed polar plunge, ice turkey bowling, frozen T-shirt and brain freeze contests, snowy beach volleyball, a parade of hearses and the frozen salmon toss. It all takes place amid an incredible free music festival featuring Colorado’s most talented acts in an “eccentric cross between morbid and hilarious that permeates the weekend’s atmosphere.”
In addition to more than a decade of media coverage around the world (including television shows from Japan, Belgium, Canada and Russia), Frozen Dead Guy Days has won the Governor’s Award for “Best Promotional Event in Colorado”, was named one of the “Top Five Winter Festivals in the Country” by Readers Digest, has donned the pages of the New York Times, Southwest Airlines’ Spirit magazine and made the “Top Ten lists” of Lonely Planet and Hotels.com in 2012. CNN has the event listed as one of the “Best Costumed Festivals in the Country” and the story of the Grandpa Bredo was featured on the Travel Channel’s, “Monumental Mysteries”.
- 4 Reasons you should absolutely attend this three-day party for a frozen corpse http://bit.ly/1AS5LSB
- DAILY CAMERA PRESS ON FDGD 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-TcBhngxSA
- Frozen Dead Guy Days King and Queen Contest 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC6RY23uu98
- Amanda MacDonald speaks about Frozen Dead Guy Days with Boulder Life TV 2012: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raC-bxSx2QQ
- Story of “Frozen Dead Guy” in Colorado by Channel 4 NEWS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQaB0XKakAU
MIND BENDER RADIO with Tony Trombo. Guest: Owner of Frozen Dead Guy Days Amanda MacDonald