What is Frozen Dead Guy Days?
Celebrating it’s 15th year in 2016, Nederland, Colorado’s Frozen Dead Guy Days is known as one of the most unique and quirky festivals in the country and continues to be a world-renowned spectacle. The home-grown frosty fest pays homage to Bredo Morstol who is frozen in a state of suspended animation and housed in a Tuff Shed on dry ice high above Nederland. Thousands of adventurous, life enthusiasts come annually to participate in and view the events along with local, national and international media.
Colorado’s “most frigidly fun festival” features outrageous events like the Blue Ball, coffin races, costumed polar plunge, ice turkey bowling, frozen T-shirt and brain freeze contests, snowy beach volleyball, a parade of hearses and the frozen salmon toss. It all takes place amid an incredible free music festival featuring Colorado’s most talented acts in an “eccentric cross between morbid and hilarious that permeates the weekend’s atmosphere.”
Frozen Dead Guy Days is a terrific marketing opportunity, sponsors reach thousands of active, affluent adults who enjoy the outdoors, winter activities, craft beer, MMJ and live music. Frozen Dead Guy Days sponsorship offers a unique way to increase brand awareness, is a perfect spot to launch a new product or service, drive retail traffic, stimulate sales and ultimately associate your brand with a much loved consumer experience.
The biggest benefits of sponsorship – other than association with one of Colorado’s most unique and fun festivals – is having an on-site presence in front of 20,000+ life enthusiasts, co- advertisement with publications like the Boulder Weekly, Winter Scene Magazine, Marquee Magazine , Elevations Magazine, KBPI, KBCO, KGNU, Mountain Ear, MMAC Monthly, Boulder Magazine and Yellow Scene Magazine. The FDGD Guide reaches tens of thousands throughout the Peak to Peak region, Boulder, Denver and surrounding areas for several weeks before and during the event, as well as year-round in Nederland where local merchants and the Nederland visitor center continue to hand it out to inquiring tourist.
In addition to more than a decade of coverage around the world (including television shows from Belgium, Canada, Russia, Japan) USA Today’s top 5 cultural festivals in the country, Frozen Dead Guy Days won the 2010 Governor’s Award for Best Promotional Event in Colorado, made Lonely Planet, Hotels.com and Fest 300 top ten lists, has donned the pages of the New York Times, Southwest Airlines’ Spirit magazine, Subaru’s Drive, USA Today’s Go Escape magazine, CNN has FDGD listed as “One of the Best Costumed Festivals in the Country” and the story of the Grandpa Bredo was just featured on the Travel Channel’s, Monumental Mysteries and Fox News came to FDGD 2014.
The festival has also been “immortalized” by two international award-winning documentaries, Grandpa’s In The Tuff Shed and Grandpa’s Still In The Tuff Shed made by the Beeck sisters & Michael Moore.
How to become a sponsor
Review the following levels and email fdgd2010@gmail or call 303-506-1048.
FROSTY (locals only)
- 1/8 page ad in FDGD Guide
- 1 FDGD shirt
- 1/4 page ad in FDGD brochure
- 2 FDGD shirts & 2 Blue Ball tickets
- 1/2 page ad in the FDGD Guide
- 10×10 Booth/Vendor Space at outside tent
- Two banners placed in prime advertising spots at event
- Link on all FDGD website pages (5,000-7,000 hit monthly)
- 2 FDGD VIP packages each including: 2 Blue Ball tickets, wristband, a bottomless VIP cup, FDGD VIP shirt, parking pass, access to FDGD VIP catered lounge
- Entry into Polar Plunge for two participants & one coffin race team
- Melting adoration at all announced events
SUB-ZERO package includes:
- Logo on event banners
- Full-page ad with a primary location in the FDGD Guide
- Logo with link on all FDGD website pages
- Up to five banners placed in prime visible spots
- Booth or vehicle spot in prime location during festival
- Facebook advertisement and post made about sponsor
- Logo on all paid advertisements, posters, banners
- 6 FDGD VIP packages each including: 2 Blue Ball tickets, wristband, a bottomless VIP cup, FDGD VIP shirt, parking pass, access to FDGD VIP catered lounge
- 5 polar plunge entries and 1 coffin race team
- Melting adoration at all announced events
Naming rights to a major event or music tent – This sponsorship package gives your business a presence at all FDGD events and can be customized to your needs.
- Brand name/logo on all event banners
- Inside front of FDGD guide or back page, as well as top spot on sponsorship page 20K printed/ 50k impression distributed year round
- One unique banner made by FDGD combing sponsor name and event artwork
- 10 banners placements in prime advertising spots 100K impressions
- Booths inside the Reanimate Yourself and Grandpa’s Spirit tents 10×10, table, chairs and electric provided
- Advertisement on all pages of the FDGD website (100,000 page views week before 2015 fest)
- Logo on all paid advertisements, posters and flyers 20K on promotion
- Facebook advertisement (currently 12,000 likes) with post about sponsor
- 4 color logo on festival shirt & on 10,000 pint glasses
- On-air radio recognition with KBPI /as well as melting adoration at all announced events mention in all press releases
- 10 FDGD VIP packages each including: 2 Blue Ball tickets, wristband, a bottomless VIP cup, FDGD VIP shirt, parking pass, access to FDGD VIP catered lounge
- 10 polar plunge passes and 2 coffin race teams
- Melting adoration at all events
- banner on Grandpa Look A Like/ice queen hearse parade float
Title Sponsorship also available, to discuss all the great sponsorship opportunities call Amanda at 303-506-1048 or email email@example.com