The Object: To slide, roll, drag, or carry coffin (without dropping) through obstacle course to the finish.
Six pallbearers (team members) carry the coffin with the rider inside through the obstacle course.
Finish times will be determined when the last team member has crossed the finish line. The top four time teams will race in quarter finals, top two from that heat will race for first and second place.
- One team member weighing at least 75 pounds must ride inside coffin. This person must be weighed to confirm his or her weight. All weigh-ins of riders will be done at the Teen Center (near Barker Reservoir). Sorry, no weigh in, no in race. Weigh-ins occur 9-10 am on the Saturday of the race.
- Coffin may be constructed of any materials into a box form simulating a coffin.
- No top is necessary or required and is in fact discouraged.
- ALL team members must be wearing a helmet at all times during entire race or risk elimination.
- No metal cleats or cramp-ons are allowed. Plastic cleats are acceptable.
- Race bibs must be worn on the outside of clothing and be visible at all times
- Course obstacles may include: narrowing, climbing, mud and snow
- Good sportsperson-like conduct is required. Any acts deemed unsportsperson-like may disqualify the entire team from the race.
- Team members who are obviously intoxicated will not be allowed to participate in race.
- Costumes are allowed and encouraged. But, please remember this is family event! You may be asked to remove your costume if judges deem it inappropriate.
CASH PRIZE for best costumed team, trophies and lots of goodies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
Each Coffin Race team member must fill out a waiver and turn it in prior to competing in the tournament. Waivers are also available on site.