In addition to more than a decade of media coverage around the world (including television shows in Japan, Belgium, Canada and Russia), Frozen Dead Guy Days has won the Governor’s Award for “Best Promotional Event in Colorado,” was named one of the “Top Five Winter Festivals in the Country” by Readers Digest, has donned the pages of the New York Times and made the “Top Ten lists” of Lonely Planet and Hotels.com. Frozen Dead Guy Days was one of the events that earned Nederland the title, “Best Destination for Event Enthusiasts” in Expedia’s “The best U.S. destination for every travel style.” CNN has the event listed as one of the “Best Costumed Festivals in the Country” and the story of Grandpa Bredo was featured on the Travel Channel’s, “Monumental Mysteries”.
Frozen Dead Guy Days festival video by Atlas Obscura.
Other Video Clips:
- 2015 Official Video
- DAILY CAMERA FDGD 2014 Video
- Amanda MacDonald speaks about Frozen Dead Guy Days with Boulder Life TV 2012
- Story of “Frozen Dead Guy” in Colorado by Channel 4 News
- Not Exactly Coachella Cover Story in Norwegian Magazine
- USA Today 10 Best Readers’ Choice Awards — Best Cultural Festival (FDGD Ranks #6)
- Events and Festivals: Frozen Dead Guy Days, Colorado, USA on Travel Begins at 40 website
- “10 Winter Carnivals and Festivals Colorado to Attend This Year” by Kalley Velarde, 303 Magazine
- “7 of the World’s Weirdest Festivals” on Kiwi.com
- “Snow Sculptures, beer, frozen corpses and ski joring: Looking ahead to Colorado’s 2019 Festivals” by Michelle Karas, Colorado Springs Gazette
- 20 Small Towns With The Most Unique Festivals In America by Meg Bernazzani, Flipkey by TripAdvisor
- Frozen Dead Guy Days: Colorado’s Weirdest Festival by Abigail Edge, The Guardian
- 4 Reasons you should absolutely attend this three-day party for a frozen corpse